Home

Welcome to the Goodrich Memorial Library serving the communities of Newport Town and Newport City for over 100 years.



The first library, established in the town of Newport, Vermont was originated by Dr. John M. Currier in the spring of 1862. In 2003, Goodrich Memorial Library received a substantial grant and the building has been restored to its original beauty and elegance.